Thursday, October 11, 2007

October 11, 2007

Things are moving right along in our house these days. Who can believe it is almost the Holiday Season. I mean Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Eli is ready for Halloween, he will be dressed as Shrek this year (see pictures). I am ready for Thanksgiving; I love sweet potato casserole!! The little boy inside is craving it!!!!

Oops, I let the cat out of the bag. We are having another little boy. During his ultrasound he proceeded to tuck his little head very, very low and did not allow a good shot of his profile. However, he did display his manliness. There is no doubt this one will be all boy. Everything on the ultrasound and our previous blood work has come back with wonderful results. Everything is looking as good as it can. They will do another ultrasound in January to make sure the baby has not become Hydro-cephalic or developed cerebral atrophy and calcifications. They don’t think these things will, but they just want to make sure. Then upon his birth they will do an ultrasound on his brain thru the fontanel (less invasive than a CT) as well.

Eli has been happy these past few weeks. However is seems like every four weeks he gets a double ear infection and just cries for about a week until they are all cleared up. We are praying that we can go longer than four weeks this go round. Otherwise we may have to add another doctor to our list of specialists.

Eli also got another round of Botox shots in his thighs and also got some in his biceps. His arms relaxed a bit right away and his legs are doing great.

Also, since according to the calendar it is now officially fall, his aquatic therapist has closed down sessions during the frigid weather we have here in Florida. So, Eli has gone on a hiatus for his aquatic therapy until next summer.

Psalm 130:5 (NIV) I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope

No comments: