We are still here in the Hospital. I really expected to be home Saturday night. Of course, plans change and here we are. Eli has almost gone 24 hours without codeine so that I feel is a good thing. He still whimpers every now and then or when we try to make him swallow, but besides that he seems to be pretty comfortable.
He is still not eating well and seems to be gurgling the food or spitting it back out all over my glasses. Yesterday I got 6 oz down and it was an all day and very laborsome task. Kaden didn't help the situation either. However, I must say I think he is pretty well behaved, just adventurous. Trying to get him to nap on the couch with me was fun. Every time I would open my eyes to check on him he would laugh, like haha got you.
Since I had not planned on being here this many days Kaden was starting to run out of food, so we took a quick trip down to the new Target. It was the strangest Target I have ever seen. It is in one of those where the store is down stairs, with condo's on top places. The Target is in the back and the parking is a two level parking garage on top of the Target. You can either take the Elevator or take the dual Escalator. One side is for you and the other side is for your cart. Well worth the trip :)
Today has been rough as my emotions are running on overdrive. The first day we got here we were not overly thrilled with our day nurse (that's putting it nicely) and figured maybe we just won't have her again. Well, we thought wrong, she keeps returning. Last night I went home to get clothes for Eli to come home in (since the weather has changed), take a shower, get some sleep and wash some clothes. Upon my arrival this morning to Eli's room I was taken aback by the smell of poop. Well, looks like Eli had filled his diaper for who knows how long and had a bright red mark on his side where he had been laying on his IV tube for again who knows how long. That just set me right off and guess who was his nurse, yup same girl. I had hoped that she was just slacking because I have been here and didn't want to step on my toes. Well, this morning I was gone, no toes to step on and she still came up short.
Then I had an argument with the doctors here about the NG tube. They didn't want to do it, and felt he just needs a straight G-tube in order to go home. So, I told them he was followed by Dr. Borenstein and they needed to talk to him. Since, he and I had spoken about it previously I felt confident that he would not change his standpoint. I was right he made them back down and Eli now has the NG tube. The NG tube is temporary and can be taken out when Eli feels better and is able to regain he normal eating regiment.
Oh yeah, we canceled our vacation to Beech Mountain too since Eli is not doing so well. Maybe a cold front will come in late February and give us the vacation we have been needing. And, God willing with two healthy kids in tow.
I have been reading in 2 Chronicles the last few days, even though they were talking about a war, I felt this passage weight heavy on my heart.
2 Chronicles 20:12 "O our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you."
Sometimes I feel like I am at war being Eli's advocate and have to remind myself I have no power over his health and I just have to keep my eyes on the Lord and he will direct the path for Eli's care. And, if in the end the permanent G-tube is in the plan then so be it and I will accept it.
New Year and New Beginnings...
15 years ago


1 comment:
Love you guys Cheryl. I don't have anything else to say, but, love you.
Elizabeth King
Post a Comment