Monday, May 11, 2009

1st Time at the Beach

On Saturday before Mother's Day, the boys took me to the beach. It was a great break and made for a wonderful day. It was also Kaden's first time experiencing the ocean. The day turned out just as I had hoped it would. Kaden absolutely just loves the water. He didn't even think twice about heading right down to the ocean shore. The area that Fadi took us to was one where they let you drive on the beach. This could not have been better for us. Imagine us trying to carry kids, umbrellas, chairs, toys, food, drinks and then on top of that we have to carry Eli down too.
Once down there we made Eli a cozy sleeping place. Since his feeding tube is so new he can't get it wet yet. He took a long snooze and gave people walking by something to look at. I think they thought it was quite strange that a little boy was sleeping on the beach with all the hussle and bussle going on around, but that's just Eli.



With the car parked right on the beach, we were able to make lots of trips and were able to take our time. Another benefit of driving on the beach, is we were able to drive out and get away from the crowded entrance where everyone was packed together.



Kaden really enjoys people watching as well. I think he especially liked the fact that he could walk right up to people. He found a older lady next to us and would bring her shells and would remove the sand from her feet for her too. He is turning out to be the little gentleman with the older ladies. He kept looking at the cords on her granddaughters ipod, but we didn't let him get that close. Otherwise, I know for sure he would have snatched those up.



He only ate one handful of sand and I guess he figured it wasn't all that good. But lots of sand was packed in his drawers! Especially after Fadi buried him in the ground! He loved every minute of it.


Below is a video of Kaden in the water. I think that most kids who fall down would start crying, but not Kaden. He laughed and hung out waiting for a bigger wave. He hasn't gotten the hang of body surfing, but we will continue to work on it. Plus, with all the staring he did at the skim boarders, I think he might want to pick that up too.


No comments: