Friday, November 13, 2009

Potty Time

From what I have seen so far, Kaden does not like the middle road or the normal path. He either likes to be ahead of things or lag way behind. For instance, crawling. For most kids, they crawl at like 8-9 months, but Kaden, nope...5 months. Take walking. Most kids walk at like 11-14 months, but Kaden, nope...9 months. Take talking. Most kids talk at like 18 months with a 20-30 word vocabulary, but Kaden...about 5 words. Take weight/height. Kaden likes to hang around in the 10th-25th percentile.

Well, now he has decided that he needs to be potty trained. Most boys have no desire to be potty trained and when they do, it's usually at almost 3 years old. Kaden decided a few nights ago that he did not want to have his diaper or pants on. So, I said, "well, if he is going to do that, let's teach him to go the the bathroom". So I asked Fadi to take him to the potty. Like 30 seconds later I hear Fadi yell for me and say come look at this, he pooped. I figured yea right he doesn't know how to use the bathroom. Nope, Kaden had taught himself how to pee and poop in the potty. At 20 Months!! This is craziness. He can't even talk well yet.
So, we have tried this week to allow him to use the rest room and for the most part he still thinks it's a game. Squeezing three drops out, wiping, flushing and waving bye-bye pee pee. Only to do it all over again 45 seconds later. He is getting better but still not emptying his bladder.

I for one am getting a little tired of "going pee pee on the potty". He has only had few real accidents.

He might be ready, but I don't know that I am. I hope that I can keep up with him and train him the right way. If this works it would be fabulous!! Way to go Kaden! Pee pee in the potty, pee pee in the potty, yeah, yeah yeah High five!

Oh, and he will not stand up, or sit facing forward. Only backwards on the big potty without the kid seat on top. I guess he thinks the normal way is for only wimps?

1 comment:

jandkland said...

This little boy makes me laugh all the time! You really do have a guy who marches to his own beat! I'd say any time a kid is interested in something (safe, of course), go for it! Best wishes to you as you try to get him trained.

--Kelley