I am not cheap, I am just a bargain hunter!!! And let me tell you, I have got the kill of all times. Last post I told you all about a place (Stepping Stones) that sells used medical equipment at what they told me could be 10% of the new cost. So, last week after one of his appointments, I headed out there. I was looking for a Rover Chair, which they did not have. Well, then I sat him down in this wheelchair just to see if he fit into it yet. And, he fit wonderfully; so I figured it couldn’t hurt to ask the lady “how much?”. I was expecting a number with two zeros after it, figuring well I am sure I could save up for one of these [url=http://www.quickie-wheelchairs.com/Wheelchairs/Pediatric_Wheelchairs/Quickie_Zippie_TS/1547p0] (here is a new one online) [/url]. Then she came back at me with $25.00. I was sure I must have heard her wrong; it was in very good condition and even had a tray with it. But nope, that was her price. I could not resist, it was meant for him! I took it home and cleaned it up and now it is awaiting some fine tuning by his physical therapist to make it more comfortable for him.
We just got back from his 15 month check up and he got the last set of shots until he is 4 years old! He weighed 24 lbs 3 oz and was 30 inches long. His little head is only 16¼ inches though, which is extremely small. But, I assure you, with all of his hair you cannot tell!! :) The doctor gave us a prescription for Zyrtec. Eli has always had a lot of nasal drainage and I think that has been the culprit of his terrible ear infections. So, hopefully with allergy medication, his nasal passages will dry up and in turn clear up his ear infections.
Since the weather is warming up, Eli is supposed to start back his Aquatic Therapy. His last therapist went MIA on us, so this time we are going to try an OT associated with Arnold Palmer Hospital and his Aquatic Therapy should be every Tuesday morning at 8:30am at the YMCA off Mills and 50. I am very excited about this as last time he really seemed to take to the water.
Eli is doing better now. He had been battling a few ear infections lately. Since Eli can’t grab his ears and tell us it hurts, it takes a 103 degree temperature, and having seizures or vomiting to tell us something is wrong. So after all of these symptoms the doctor yet again told us, “Yup, very bad ear infection” This time they gave him two shots of Rocephin and then another set three days later followed by Augmentin for 10 days. After all that I sure hope it stays gone for a while.
For Palm Sunday, Eli and I had to stay home due to the terrible ear infections but Fadi played Jesus, riding into town on a donkey, for the children’s Sunday School classes. I wanted to comfort Eli at home, but I am extreemly dissapointed in the fact that I could not watch Fadi ride into town on a donkey!!!! If anyone got pictures please send them my way :)
Take care and Happy Easter!
II Corinthians 1:3-4, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.” (NIV)
New Year and New Beginnings...
15 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment