Hello All! Eli is growing like a weed. I guess the saying goes “If you feed them, they will grow!” He is just over 24 lbs. Wow, I can tell you first hand 24 lbs. is very heavy! Eli is now on a PediaSure Diet. PediaSure is a liquid formula for children 1-10 and has complete nutrition. It has more calories than the formula did, so I think this has attributed to Eli’s weight gain. But he has seemed to have gone through a growth spurt these past few weeks too. His 12 month clothes are too short for him. On to the 18 month clothes I guess. This just seems strange to me…18 months is not a size for a baby!!! Where did my baby go?
Eli had a routine EEG done and it still shows abnormal activity and that he is very seizure prone. Therefore, they increased his dosage to stay in line with his weight. He seems to have done very well, as we have not seen seizure activity in quite a while.
The Neurologist also discussed (specialchildren.about.com/b/a/242718.htm)Botox injections for him too. Botox relaxes the muscles for about 4 to 5 months and is only painful during the injections. Even though Eli is on Baclofen (a spasm medication) his muscles are still very, very tight; especially his thighs and hands. So, if the insurance approves it, he will get a few shots in the legs and hopefully this will help relax his legs and allow for easier diaper changes and dressings.
Eli’s AFO’s came in too. They are so tiny and very cute. These will help his feet form correctly and keep his feet at 90° to prevent his Achilles tendon from getting too tight. Hopefully his hand splints will be in shortly.
Eli has got the chair you see in the pictures from the Developmental Center. It is a Tumble Form Feeder Seat. He gets to use it until he is 3 years old then he has to pass it down to another person who needs it. It’s a very nice chair for him. It’s firm but flexible and helps him curve his legs to a sitting position. It has curved sides to help keep him from falling over since he still doesn’t have trunk control. I have found a frame (www.rehabmart.com/product/10379.htm)(Tumble Form Rover)that this chair can fit into and it will make a special make-shift stroller/wheelchair for him. I just have to locate one that is in our price range. I found a place in downtown Orlando called (seniorsfirstinc.org/step%20stone.htm)Stepping Stones and it is a warehouse for used medical equipment. They only have a very limited amount of pediatric stuff but I am going to go down there as soon as I can and see if they might have the frame. They told me on the phone that most of the stuff is 10% of what is would cost new!!!!! Now that is in my price range!!! So wish me luck on my bargain hunting adventure.
“I will trust the Lord and not be afraid, for He is my Salvation, my Strength, and my Song”. Isaiah 12:2
New Year and New Beginnings...
15 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment