Monday, August 25, 2008

King Me Update

While we got our new bed a while ago it has taken me much longer to purchase curtains and stuff like that. So, finally here are the before and after shots.
Where this new room may not look fancy to you viewers. It is about as fancy as Mr. G will permit. He has stated in the past that flowers, pinks, and purples are not permitted in his sleeping quarters!


And, in the spirit of being frugal I have had to search high and low for bargain basement sales. Again, we are not talking supper fancy stuff here, but I found the comforter as Ross for $25.00 and on the back I found a Linen's N Things tag. I could not believe it, I mean Linen's N Things was right next door. So, I moseyed over there and found all the coordinating stuff; NOT on sale though.



Upon seeing how much a very simple bed skirt cost I was shocked ($50.00). But, since I got such a good deal on the comforter I figured it would be okay.
Then after I had made all my purchases I was told that the reason some Linen's N Things stuff was at Ross was that some of them were going out of business. Yeah for me!!



So, for the next few weeks I stopped in any Ross I passed. And, to my amazement, I found that same bed skirt at Ross for $10.00 thank you very much. I think I will return my expensive one! I love it when I get a good deal. It just makes me smile :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the curtains! Great deal!

The J.O.'s said...

so how do you like sleeping in a king? Amazing huh? Love the new stuff!