We seem to be so busy lately, or at least I feel tired and the reason must be busyness!! I feel like I have been getting ready for so much lately.
I have been getting my bedroom ready for like two months now and it's almost done.
I have been trying to get my house ready for a toddler. Kaden is standing up on everything and pulling over, ripping out, or standing on just about anything his little hands can reach. I love to watch him stand at the sliding glass door and look out, which is only for a few seconds, because he soon realizes that is it much more fun to lick the glass! I guess Windex tastes good?
I have been getting ready for Eli's VNS surgery. I go in for pre-opt tomorrow and then Eli has to be at Arnold Palmer on Tuesday, Sept. 9th, at 6am. He is scheduled for the VNS surgery and to get tubes in his ears. The doctor makes it sound like a piece of cake, but I am worried. I guess the only major surgery experience I have to compare to with is his shunt surgeries, which were when he was 3weeks to 5months old. He was such a different kid then though. LOTS of crying and lots of wound healing issues, and refusing to eat. My prayer is that Eli will come out with flying colors, and his wound will heal quickly and on the first time. Even though he is very heavy, I hate for him to lose weight from refusing to eat.
I have been getting ready for my best friend to leave to a new state. I feel like crying even as I write this. I think I choose not talk about it because it makes me too emotional. Her husband has been given the opportunity to train for a State Farm in Tennessee. So, she will be leaving Sept. 22nd. We were both pregnant with both of our kids at the same time, and it was great. She is someone who I can talk with about God, life, kids and much more. When we lived in the same neighborhood she was my walking partner. We work together and she has been my friend though everything with Eli and it means a lot to me. When Fadi and I first moved here, we did not know anyone and quickly became very close friends 4 different couples. We went camping together, shopping, all bought houses and started to plan for kids together. Then the Sauls moved to Kentucky for seminary, then Michael Callin passed away, then the Greens moved to Texas for flight school, and now the Ellis are moving to Tennessee for a State Farm. I just wish it was the "good old days" again. We had sooo much fun together.
I have also been trying to get my body ready to see it's old self again. It seems like with every monumental event in my life I go up one pant size. One when I got married, one after Eli and yet another one after Kaden. Fadi and I have been cutting back on the quanity we eat each night for dinner and have been trying to take walks. I feel like I am slowly acomplishing something, but I still have like 10 lbs before I can say I am finished. Fadi however, is enjoying a bowl of ice cream as he proofreads my post. (well, not even a bowl---the whole container is in hand)
I have been getting ready and it seems to be all coming to a close. Maybe after it is all said and done, I can get some sleep at night instead of thinking about it all over and over. So much going on and no control. It's all in God's hands and I just have to wait it out. I pray that he will give me a sense of accomplishment in the design of my bedroom, energy for Kaden, peace with Eli, understanding with losing another friend, and victory in my weight loss. That's not too much to ask for right?
Philippians 4:7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
And, just for fun....What do you get when you put a cat in a pack N play with Kaden? The cat gets eaten!


No comments:
Post a Comment