Monday, January 5, 2009

Flew By

Well it seems as if December has flown by and left me in the dust. Since I was only going to be home for 3 weeks, I had decided to forgo the Christmas tree since it takes two days to put up and then two more to take it down. But after a week of Baa-humbuging it, I broke down and decided to buy a real tree. Since Kaden loves to pull down and eat anything in reach, I figured a tree that he could not destroy would be ideal. So folks, yes it looks cheesy, but it filled my Christmas void.



Eli, Kaden and myself headed down to Boynton Beach on Thursday the 18th for Eli's 6 month check up at Bascom Palmer. It went as expected, uneventful. They did recommend that next time we come on a Monday and try to do his exam in the clinic instead of on Fridays under anesthesia as we have been doing.

On Saturday, we went to the Elk's Club for a visit from Santa, who arrived on a fire truck. Kaden got a Singing Spiderman and Eli got a juke box. Kaden could have cared less about Santa, but he did show us that he could eat a chicken nugget. I gave him one just to entertain him and when I looked down he had taken two bites out of it!

Fadi joined us two days before Christmas and we celebrated Christmas with both of my grandparents on Christmas Eve. Eli slept most of the time, but did wake up to join everyone before they headed home.



This year, my Mom did Christmas a little differently. She did Christmas Eve dinner Italian Style. So we had Spaghetti and Meatballs, Chicken Marsala, Lasagna, Stuffed Shells, and Tiramisu for dessert. Different, but it turned out nice.

Kaden thought the best part was the ribbon eating contest! He won! Who would have thought.



Then we woke up Christmas morning and Santa had stopped by and left some toys for Kaden and Eli while we slept. After enjoying those toys for a little while, we opened presents from my Mom and Rick, Patrick and Nicole, and Fadi.



Fadi didn't have anything to open because he got his Christmas gift two days early. I got him an iphone for Christmas! On the Saturday before, I tried calling him like three times and then tried the house phone. Well, low and behold his phone was broken. Luckily, we had an old-old phone in a drawer that still worked. So I figured he was due for a nice new phone and Christmas seemed like the perfect time. And, let me tell you it is a very nice phone....more like a mini-mini laptop really.

Eli slept his Birthday away, but we still made a Cookie Cake for him (or really us since he can't eat any). He got some nice outfits and a few gift cards :)



Home at last and enjoying it. I will post again soon. Lots to update on, Kaden walking, Eli starting Public School, Medwaiver, New Year, ect.

No comments: