...My afternoon last week!
Okay this story is not for those with a weak stomach, I must warn you before you read on.
My day was going pretty well and I was getting a lot accomplished. I had an interview regarding Eli with the Agency for Persons with Disabilities and it went okay (they are the agency that you go through to get on MedWaiver).
I left Eli at school while I grocery shopped so he could get his lunch via the feeding pump and on my way home I stopped by and picked him up.
By now, it was Kaden's nap time he was dozing off in the car. Upon arriving home, I quietly unbuckled him and carried him to his crib, leaving the groceries and Eli in the car. I made my way back to the car and loaded my arms up with grocery bags and then URRRR. Eli began to vomit everywhere. All over my JoAnn fabric bags, all over the wood picture frames I had purchased, all over the front seat, all over himself. I dropped the bags and began pulling fabric out of the bags to catch it and cover him.
After he stopped, I took a deep breath and tried to figure out what to do next. Do I clean my messy kid up or do I take the melting groceries inside?
So, just to let myself breath, I took the frozen stuff inside. I do not do well with vomit and I have to take deep breaths and repeat to myself "do not throw up, do not throw up".
When I went back outside to Eli I couldn't decide how to get him out. So, again the fabric came in handy. I used it like a glove and unbuckled him. Then it was, what do I do with him, where do I place him? The best placed seemed like the laundry room floor as it was the closest room to the garage and I could just undress and toss his clothes right into the laundry tub, which I did. Then I went to the bathroom and started the shower as that was the next place he needed to go.
As I bent down to pick him up he began to urinate!!! At which I took a dirty shirt out of the dirty clothes basket and threw it on him. Thanks Eli. I gave him a few moments to finish up while I closed up the car.
When I returned I again bent over to pick him up and upon standing back up I notice a nice surprise on the floor. He took a dump too! OMG what is going on I thought. I then ran him to the shower and quickly returned to clean up the poop as I have learned poop and dogs don't make for a good thing.
I then began to have a slight mental breakdown and joined Eli in the warm shower and while I bathed him I just keep saying "at least Kaden is down for the count and I can take my time". That was my saving grace.
After our shower I opened the bathroom door to hear, Waaaa waaa waaa. Yup Kaden was not going to be taking his two hour nap like usual.
I had to let him stay in the crib while I finished bringing all the groceries inside; but after I finished I got him out and gave him a snack of animal crackers. (I left cleaning the car seat for Fadi. I was already overwhelmed.)
After a few more deep breathing exercises and some prayers I figured I would be okay. So, I walked back in to see what Kaden was doing and like usual he was pulling all the crackers out of the container and placing them on the floor. But, then I saw what looked like a raisin in the middle. I bent down to see what it was because I hadn't given him raisins. It didn't look pretty so I got a paper towel to assist me. Upon inspection it was a cat furball! Gross!!!
But then I thought, "Where did this come from?" So, I took a stroll through the house. Low and behold the cat threw up all over Kaden's gear toy and Kaden has played in it. I just about lost it. My mind and my stomach. Again, I don't do throw up and this was just way too gross for me. I am a Clorox Wipes kid of girl. Vomit from any source is just plan gross!
After this I was finished. I took the toy and threw it in the sink, called Fadi and said, "get home now, I am done", put Kaden back in the crib and when to the bed to cry.
Luckily by now Kaden had decided it was time to sleep and I laid in the bed till Fadi came home. When he came home he just laughed and thought it was all just funny. At which I couldn't disagree and figured it was done and I would get over it. It's funny now, but was NOT then.
So, next time you are having a bad day just think of this story :)
New Year and New Beginnings...
15 years ago


2 comments:
Cheryl that is terrible...I am feeling a little sick now after reading this. Glad I already had my breakfast. Man this is one of those days that you will remember forever.
Bless your heart, girl! Talk about a rough day. It can be so overwhelming at times. I can't believe you had ALL of the gross things about being a parent in one fell swoop. You handled it well and definitely deserved to cry and then later laugh it off with your husband.
--Kelley
Post a Comment