Monday, February 1, 2010

This one is different

So far this pregnancy does seem a little different than my previous two. Now, I am not saying that this means it's a girl by any means....I am just saying it's different. Sometimes the differences make me happy and sometimes the differences make me scared.
The pregnancy started off kinda like Eli's where I thought my due date would be one date and after the first doctor's visit she moves it almost 10 days out! I think that's a huge difference but I guess a long cycle will do that to you. But then it makes me scared.....is the due date really 10 days later or is the baby small and underdeveloped like Eli since they moved his date too and Kaden's was only moved 2 days?
Then the sickness came just the same as with both the boys at night. Which I can totally handle and am just so grateful it is not as bad as I have heard stories about. Very grateful for this aspect of my pregnancies.
Then after my blood/urine work the doctor called and said there was something in my urine and wanted to put me on an antibiotic. She said no big deal very common but still I worried what about the baby. And, let me tell you that antibiotic did not sit well with my stomach. I felt very, very ill for like three days and had to call the doctor and ask if I could stop. She said yes and boy was I glad.
I am just over 9 weeks now and feel just fine. I was for sure that I would be wearing maternity clothes by now since with Eli I was at like 12 weeks and with Kaden I was at 8 weeks. I figured with #3 I would blow up right away. But I am still holding on to my regular clothes. I am starting to feel the squeeze but haven't really had to make the transition.
The main difference I see is that I crave things I don't think I have ever eaten. Like tomato soup with goldfish crackers. I craved it the other day and have no idea why. And, I am craving more fruit and bread/grain which I did not crave so much with the boys. With them I just craved salt and McD's french fries (which I do still oh so love).

1 comment:

jandkland said...

Thinking of you, Cheryl! I know all kinds of excitement and also fears run through your mind. I pray that you stay healthy and that God gives you peace as you go through these months of pregnancy.

--Kelley