Friday, July 1, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

June 29, 2011 marks 8 (eight) years of marriage to my wonderful husband. He puts up with me and lets me boss him around every now and then.

This past weekend we enjoyed a night out without the kids being tourists down by the theme parks. We stayed on I-drive and used our Sea World/Aquatica passes to enjoy the rides we can’t do with kids or with a wheelchair.

For the first time ever I tried and used Hotwire to get our hotel reservations. I told it a 4 star in the area and figured it really didn’t matter which one since we were going to the parks most of the time down there. Well, upon check in I was not impressed. I would not mark the Rosen Center as a 4 star hotel. Nice, but not really that nice. When we checked in we asked for a King size bed and she told us there weren’t any left. WHAT!

So, up we went to our dinky room with two double beds. I would believe that Fadi would characterize my behavior as pouting. So, my knight in shining armor said he would be back and 10 minutes later came back with new keys and said we were moving!! To a King Room, lookie there they did have one. And, let me tell you the rooms were night and day different. I love my man. He wouldn’t tell me exactly what he told him but I think he did use our latest misfortune as a little leverage.

You see, about an hour before we checked into our hotel, we stopped by my doctor’s office. I was starting treatment to help me avoid visiting the ER over the weekend with an ectopic pregnancy. What a way to start off your anniversary weekend, right? The day before I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy of an undetermined location. Meaning they can’t find the baby, but it’s not anywhere it's supposed to be. Since our last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage the doctors were monitoring my HCG levels and they had been hovering in the high 4,000's range for over a week and should have been doubling every 2 days. This led them to think something wasn't right since the numbers were not changing as they expected. So they did an ultrasound and my uterus was empty! But by the range of hormones I should have been carrying a 5 to 7 week fetus. I wasn’t in a lot of pain but after they mentioned some of the symptoms I do believe I was having some of them.

So, our weekend away was in some ways perfect timing as we could just be together, talk and process the whole thing away from our normal routine and household duties.

Also, while out at the movies Friday night we saw a group of people there with F.A.P.E. States shirts on and apparently the Annual Police Explorers State Conference was held in Orlando this year. Which made us smile because that is the event both of us were at when Fadi first “asked me out” haha!

Fadi, I love you and cherish you as my husband. Thank you for walking through all the storms in our life with me and always being my rock.

Side Note: Since Fadi has been in my life since June 29, 1995 more of my life has been spent with him in it than without him. Interesting huh.

No comments: