Friday, January 26, 2007

January 26, 2007

Things are finally slowing down at home. Now that the holidays are over, we finally got a weekend to get the house straightened and just relax.

Last week, Eli went for his Upper GI study and I feel as if it went well. It did not show him aspirating, all the food was going to his stomach, and it showed that his bowels empty just fine. He did have some reflux, which we knew…so, I think it went well. We got to the GI doctor on Tuesday and we will have to see what he has to say.

Eli has been sleeping pretty well for a few weeks now. So, I finally feel safe saying it!! I have said it before and I guess it was too early and he would revert right away. I can usually lay him down at like 10:30 and he will stay calm and I can go to sleep. He usually falls asleep by 11:30 and will only wake up a few times, but does not cry, and then goes back to sleep until like 6am!!!!! Now this may not be as much as most babies sleep, but I am trilled. He still has his bouts of sleep during the day, and when he sleeps, he sleeps. You cannot even wake him up to eat. I think you could shake the kid and he would not wake up. So in the afternoons he usually takes a 2 hour very deep nap.

We visited Bascom Palmer again and still no eye surgery. Dr. Murray feels that both of Eli’s eyes are not candidates for re-attachment. He told us that with the way Eli’s eyes have formed and with the scaring, it does not look as if surgery would be successful. He still wants to monitor Eli’s eyes to make sure tumors or anything like that do not form, but now our appointments will be far between.

Eli’s Physical Therapist at PPEC has suggested that he have AFO’s and splints for his hands. But we have to wait for CMS (Children’s Medical Services) to approve it and set us up with fitting appointments.

“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourself.” Philippians 2:3

No comments: